Chris Taylor Gives Professional Legal Advice on Divorce With Children at Brentwood Branch Library on Thursday, May 25
When: Thursday, May 25, 6:30 pm
Where: Brentwood Branch Library
3725 N. Pearl St.
Jacksonville, Florida 32206
Chris Taylor will be offering professional legal advice at a clinic put on by Brentwood Branch Library for divorce with children on May 25. Chris Taylor understands that not everyone going through a divorce has the means to pay for a divorce, and that’s why he volunteers his time to give professional legal advice to those who need it most.
While uncontested divorces do not have to be overly expensive, having a lawyer do this process is still out of reach for some people. This clinic gives Chris a chance to reach out and give many of those people direly needed legal counsel to help guide them. Going through a divorce is a stressful process that requires a lot of attention to detail, and it would be overwhelming for the first time for just about anyone.
While uncontested divorces without children are the simplest form of divorce, this talk will be focused on those looking to go through a dissolution of marriage who have children.
Chris has structured his talk to help familiarize themselves with every part of the process so that they can better navigate the legal system. Chris Taylor’s talk will cover the following areas:
- Important terminology to be familiar with
- Important procedures and rules to follow when going through the process
- Highlight relevant areas of Florida Law
- Cover relevant documents from Florida Supreme Court and how to fill them out, as well as those for divorce without children
- Q & A session (not to be case specific questions)
Chris Taylor and the Taylor Law Office are proud to support Brentwood Branch Library in their efforts to bring professional legal counsel to those who cannot afford it but are still in need of such important services.
Chris Taylor Speaks at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid on Thursday, April 27
When: Thursday April 27, 4:30 PM
Where: Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
126 West Adams Street
Jacksonville, FL, 32202
Chris Taylor will be speaking at a clinic open to the public at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid to help them navigate the confusing area of divorce. Many Jacksonville Area Legal Aid clients will be representing themselves in court. This clinic is meant to help them be as informed as possible before going through the process.
As a family law and divorce attorney Chris Taylor recognizes the importance of the process, and that’s why he strives to help people who may not have the means to pay for their own attorney to be able to have some guidance throughout the legal process. This helps to ensure that they can navigate the process as well as possible and get the best possible results for themselves and their family, with or without a lawyer.
A number of different areas will be covered by Chris during the clinic on going through a divorce in Duval County, FL without children:
- Overview of terminology on forms and instructions necessary for a divorce
- Outline of procedures and rules for filing a divorce (dissolution of marriage act) in Duval County, Florida
- Point out areas of Florida law which govern divorce, both with and without children
- Review the necessary documents and instructions provided by Florida Supreme Court; review extra documents needed if children are involved
- Question and Answer session (not to involve questions specific to certain cases
Family Law Attorney Chris Taylor thoroughly believes in the mission of Jacksonville Area Legal Aid to bring legal services to those in need.