Are you looking for an attorney to handle your divorce? If so, one of the first questions you may ask is what makes a good divorce attorney? Different lawyers and people will have different opinions. Here are some points to consider:
1) How long has the attorney been practicing law? 1 to 5 years, 5 to 10 years, 10 to 20 years? Lawyers develop at different rates, but, generally speaking, someone who has been practicing more than 10 years will be more comfortable in their abilities. Experience is more than just technical skills. Experience is also about knowing when to push for an amicable resolution and when resolving a dispute in the courtroom is appropriate.
2) Life experience is also important. Has the attorney been married? Does he or she have kids? Someone who has stood in your shoes will be able understand what you are going through.
3) Does the attorney care about their clients? Is the attorney passionate about their practice? This is hard to measure, but probably the most important factor. An attorney that cares about people and has your best interested at heart is going to do a better job. The initial consultation is critical to determining whether or not the attorney is passionate about their practice and clients. It’s important to go with your intuition on this point.
4) When you meet the attorney, do you like them? Divorce is a stressful process; it’s important to work with someone you like. Fortunately, there are many attorneys to choose from with different styles and personalities.
5) Is the attorney available when you have a question? Are phone calls or e-mails promptly returned? Customer service seems like a no brainer, but surprisingly, not all firms are customer service oriented. Ask about the attorney communication policy during the initial consultation.
6) Does the attorney have reasonable fees? You want to ensure that you will be able to afford the attorney representation through the entire process.
Florida attorneys are prohibited from saying that they are the best. If I could, I wouldn’t say I was the best divorce attorney, because it is such a subjective term. The best attorney for one person may not be the best for another. At The Taylor Law Office, we strive to provide excellent client service at reasonable prices.
If you have questions about divorce and live in the Jacksonville, Florida Metropolitan Area, give attorney Chris Taylor call. Please contact The Taylor Law Office at 904.339.LAW8 (5298), via e-mail at email@example.com, through this website.