The Taylor Law Office is committed to the uncontested divorce process. Uncontested divorces save both time and money. For clients and spouses who complete the required paperwork, an uncontested divorce is typically completed in 30 to 60 days. Compared to contested divorce which can cost between $3,000.00 to $20,000.00 plus, the economic advantages of a flat rate are clear.
Uncontested divorce is a good option if both you and your spouse agree on issues concerning:
- a) asset and debt division;
- b) child support and parenting time (if you have children); and
- c) whether or not one spouse will pay alimony.
Pricing for Uncontested Divorces (Costs and Filing Fee Estimates Subject to Change):
- $1199.00 plus costs (generally $40.00 for local area service of process) and filing fees ($409.00 – Duval County) for an uncontested divorce without children.*+
- $1499.00 plus costs and filing fees for an uncontested divorce with children.*+
*Marital estates with significant assets may require an increased flat rate.
+Special pricing may be available for people with annual incomes of less than $50,000.00 per year (call Chris to discuss).
The Taylor Law Office pricing includes preparation of all forms, drafting parenting plans, consent final judgments, and attorney representation at the final hearing. The flat rate may be higher for clients with complex assets or marital estates. Flat pricing does not include preparation of post-dissolution property transfer documents, such as QDROs and Quit Claim Deeds. Call Chris to discuss.
Why Hire The Taylor Law Office for an Uncontested Divorce?
There are numerous “divorce writers” and documentation preparation services that offer low fees to prepare a divorce. But what do they really offer? They fill in the blanks of forms available for free online with no professional accountability for mistakes.
In contrast to the “divorce writer”, a lawyer has the legal knowledge to properly complete the forms, draft the final judgment and provide legal advice related to the pros and cons of the uncontested divorce process related to the facts of your case. Feedback, professionalism and accountability matter! I’m uncontested divorce attorney who enjoys working with clients to assist them through the uncontested divorce process. It is not uncommon for my office to spend 7 to 15 hours of my time drafting paperwork, meeting with clients, answering e-mails and calls, and finally appearing in Court to shepherd a clients case through the Court process.
Advantages of Uncontested Divorce:
- An uncontested divorce moves quicker than a traditional divorce proceeding. Typically, the uncontested divorce process can be completed in 4 to 8 weeks.
- The stress of the divorce process should not be underestimated. An uncontested divorce greatly reduces the stress of the process.
- If children are involved, in most cases, the ability to work matters out independently of the judicial process is better for children. Parents that begin the divorce process in the spirit of cooperation are more likely to cooperate as the children grow-up.
- An uncontested divorce costs substantially less.
Disadvantages of Uncontested Divorce:
- If one spouse does not know the extent of the other spouse’s assets, the discovery process in a contested divorce is a useful tool to obtain full disclosure.
- An uncontested divorce may not be a good option when there are significant power imbalances in a marital relationship.
If you have questions about uncontested divorce, do not hesitate to contact Chris through this website or call to schedule your initial free consultation.